At STES, we recognize our responsibility to have practical guidelines in place to ensure our physical environment is safe for everyone. STES will adhere to the applicable government regulations in place at the time. As circumstances evolve, our policy will be subject to amendments throughout the school year. Please respect the space and comfort of those around you.
– Effective October 28, 2021 –
*COVID SCREEN FORM (click here)
All teachers, staff members, students, parents and/or guests over the age of 12 years will be required to show proof of being FULLY vaccinated prior to entering STES for lessons. In addition to providing the required vaccination, each individual 18 years and older will be required to present government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, passport or provincial ID card, to verify their identity. This mandate is not negotiable and no exceptions will be made.
Full details on this mandate can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please plan your arrival to minimize time spent in the hallway but with enough time to ensure you can be ready in adequate time for the lesson.
Please respect physical distancing in the hallway and in the classroom.
Even if you have had both vaccines:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or
- Have come in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- Are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat or trouble breathing or
- Have been asked to isolate and/or
- Traveled outside of the country in last 14 days
We ask that you stay home and not come to the in-person lesson. Contact your teacher or office.
All individuals are required to wear appropriate masks that cover the nose, mouth and chin at all times when in STES. The City of Calgary bylaw defines a face covering as one that inclusively covers the mouth, nose and chin, ensuring a barrier that limits the transmission of infectious respiratory droplets, aligning with CDC recommendations. A face shield only meets the definition of a face covering if it fully covers the mouth, nose and chin. Face shields that do not fully wrap around the face and chin do not qualify as they are not effective in limiting the spread of infectious respiratory droplets.
Helpful information on selecting a mask (click here)
How a mask protects you and fellow patrons (click here)
Hand hygiene is required before and after each lesson.
COVID SCREEN FORM (click here)
All ages will be required to complete Covid Screen Form before EACH in person lesson. For children and youth will need a parent assist them to complete this screen tool. Please fill out the form within 24 hours and send to your teacher before your lesson.
When the class/lesson is finished, we ask that you exit the classroom in a safe and patient manner, allowing for appropriate physical distancing. If you require more time to depart, we ask that you stay where you are until everyone has left the room. Teachers will be happy to assist you if required.
DETAILS MANDATORY VACCINATION
● All STES members and/or guests over the age of 12 years must provide proof of being fully vaccinated to enter the STES facility.
● For 18 years and older will be also required to present government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, passport or provincial ID card, to verify their identity.
● There are no exceptions to this policy. Should an individual arrives at STES without the required documentation, they will be denied entry.
● Vaccines currently approved by Health Canada and therefore valid for this policy include:
o Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT 162b2)
o Moderna (mRNA-1273)
o AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
o Single Two-dose vaccine: Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
● Proof of vaccination can include a paper or electronic copy of the documentation of vaccination distributed at the time of vaccination that clearly identifies the name of the recipient and matches the government-issued photo identification.
CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS OF AGE
● At this time, children under the age of 12 for whom there is no currently available vaccine, will not be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test. When a vaccine is approved for this age group, this policy will be updated.
● However, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who meets the aforementioned requirements of this policy.
● We are very aware of the importance of confidentiality and only Jin Chung our trusted office administrator will have access to these records.
● Any questions or concerns, please call STES main number at 403-243-3113 or email email@example.com
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT STES
● Bring an appropriate mask that will cover your nose, mouth and chin.
● Bring government-issued photo identification such driver’s license, passport or provincial ID card, to verify your identify (for those 18 years and older).
● Bring approved documentation indicating you are fully vaccinated.
Please help everyone enjoy their learning/teaching experiences. We appreciate your cooperation.
*COVID SCREEN FORM (click here)